We believe that “education is what remains with a person when he has forgotten everything he was taught”. A rich linguistic curriculum lays the basis for future academic success. Eduplex follows an outcomes based curriculum, as prescribed by the Department of Education, supplemented by the British and Scottish syllabi for Numeracy, Literacy and Science.
The curriculum requires pupils to generate ideas, respect the opinions of others, take ownership of their learning, as well as to learn to act responsibly and to believe that they can make a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.
Emphasis is placed on the following regarding the child:
The above mentioned is accomplished through:
- Application of modern education principles to satisfy the needs of pupils with all range of abilities.
- Creation of a relaxed, caring environment where a broad range of educational experiences are offered.
- Spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Development of positive, confident children.
- Ensured continuity exists from pre-school through primary school with good liaison between departments
- Planning to meet individual needs of each child.
- Well planned group work in classes with an optimum 25 children per class.
- A secure and stimulating environment.
- Teachers are supported by trained classroom assistants in the pre- and primary school.
- A quiet learning environment.
- Acoustically treated classrooms to create an ideal listening environment.
- Quality educational equipment and technology.
- Special conversation and observation rooms for individual and small group work.
- Interactive gardens as an extension of the classrooms, specifically designed to provide additional learning opportunities.